Hott, J. R., Martin, W. N., and Flake, K. 2016. Visualizing Dynamics of Complex Familial Structures (Poster). IEEE Information Visualization, Baltimore, MD.
Hott, J. R., Martin, W. N., and Flake, K. 2016. Identity Lenses in Analyzing Evolving Social Structures. Digital Humanities, Krakow, Poland.
Hott, J. R., Martin, W. N., and Flake, K. 2015. Visualizing and Analyzing Identity Classes in Evolving Social Structures. Chicago Colloquium on Digital Humanitites and Computer Science, University of Chicago. Chicago, IL.
Hott, J. R., Martin, W. N., and Flake, K. 2015. Evolving Family Structures: Representation and Visualization. Family History Technology Workshop, Brigham Young University. Provo, UT.
Hott, J. R., Martin, W.N., et al. 2014. Evolving Social Structures: Networks with People as the Edges. Digital Humanities Forum, University of Kansas. Lawrence, KS. Best paper award.
Hott, J. R., Brunelle, N., Myers, J., Rassen, J. and shelat, a. 2012. KD-Tree Algorithm for Propensity Score Matching With Three or More Treatment Groups. Technical Report Series. Division of Pharmacoepidemiology And Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Boston, MA.
Noonan, R. E. and Hott, J. R. 2007. A course in software development. In Proceedings of the 38th SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (Covington, Kentucky, USA, March 07 - 11, 2007). SIGCSE '07. ACM Press, New York, NY, 135-139.
Research Areas: Theory, Algorithms, Visualization and HCI, Temporal Structures and Networks, Digital Humanities
Current musings can be found on one of my blogs:
Research code, as available, is on GitHub
Visualizations and Network Analysis of early Mormonism, with Kathleen Flake
Publications and Presentations
- Visualizing Dynamics of Complex Familial Structures (Poster)
- Identity Lenses in Analyzing Evolving Social Structures
- Visualizing and Analyzing Identity Classes in Evolving Social Structures (Presentation)
- Evolving Family Structures: Representation and Visualization (Presentation)
- Evolving Social Structures: Networks with People as Edges (Presentation)
Visualizations and Network Analysis with SNAC
Social Networks and Archival Context Project visualizations and analysis through the Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities.
k-point Matching using kd-trees and Voronoi diagrams.
- Rice Hall Dedication and SEAS Open House poster
- UVA Presidential Poster Contest 2012 poster
- PhD Qualifying Exam Proposal Document
- PhD Qualifying Exam Presentation
- Technical Report at Harvard Medical School
A Comparison of bug-finding tools
- Master's Project Final Paper
- A Course in Software Development (used the research)
- Compilers Course Project on PMD
Interesting Course Projects
- Exploring Performance and Power Scaling in Multi-Core Processors
- Security Analysis and Superscalar Expansion of a Tamper Evident Microprocessor
- Modeling Voting Machines (in PVS Theorem Prover)
- [ poster ] Increasing Performance of ext3 with USB Flash Drives (as journals)
- Localization in Electronic Fabric
- Minimizing Power Consumption in Wireless Sensor Networks
- [ C source ] Analysis and Simulation of Incentives to Seed in BitTorrent